The mission of the Latiolais Leadership Program is to assist health-system pharmacists in developing skills to lead and manage the medication use process to achieve optimal health outcomes. The LLP consists of the alumni of the MS/HSPA-L program.
The Latiolais Leadership Program (LLP) was established to recognize the accomplishments of former professor and director of pharmacy, Clifton J. Latiolais. Latiolais began his career at The Ohio State University in 1958 and retired in 1983 after bringing international distinction to The Ohio State University Hospitals and the College of Pharmacy. During his tenure, he mentored 129 outstanding leaders in hospital pharmacy and pharmacy education who continue to have an enormous impact on the practice of pharmacy. Clif developed multiple innovative programs that improved the medication use process including the unit dose program, IV admixture program and pharmacy coordinated drug administration program.
The LLP is the alumni program for graduates of The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy MS in Health-System Pharmacy Administration & Leadership (MS/HSPA-L). This includes 400+ alumni practicing in 30+ states across the country. Upon enrolling in the MS/HSPA-L, students are welcomed into the LLP, leading to networking and mentorship opportunities with distinguished pharmacy leaders.
- Since 1985, the prestigious Clifton J. Latiolais Award has been awarded to more than 30 alumni for their significant contributions to health-system pharmacy. The Clifton J. Latiolais Award is presented at the annual Latiolais Award Luncheon that takes place during the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting.
- LLP sponsors an annual MS Resident Graduation Reception where graduates are recognized and awarded a plaque in honor of Clifton J. Latiolais.
- 2019 marked the 60th celebration of LLP where numerous alumni and students gathered to reflect upon the past 60 years and celebrate the accomplishments of the program and its distinguished alumni.
- 2019-2020 has been an exciting year for he LLP as the MS/HSPA-L program undergoes a conversion to a hybrid-online offering and further grows its national reputation in leadership education and training through the launch of an LLP pharmacy leadership podcast.
- The Latiolais Library and Classroom suite, featuring the Allinson Classroom, will be located in Parks Hall. This new space will serve the College of Pharmacy MS in Health-System Pharmacy Administration & Leadership program (MS/HSPA-L) and the Latiolais Leadership Program (LLP). The library and classroom will be a permanent home to honor Dr. Latiolais’ legacy and his “Enthusiasm for Excellence.”
Learn more about the Latiolais Leadership Program.
Leadership Lessons in Health-System Pharmacy is the go-to source for PharmD students, working professionals, current leaders and those interested in advancing their career through health-system pharmacy administration.
Experts from The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy will draw from the legacy of Dr. Clifton J. Latiolais and the Latiolais Leadership Program to interview successful pharmacy leaders, delve into leadership skill development and explore current topics and events related to health-system pharmacy administration.