Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (BSPS) Program
Admission to The Ohio State University is competitive. All future BSPS students must first apply and be admitted to the university. You must indicate 'Pharmaceutical Sciences' on the application as your desired major.
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) Program
The Ohio State Doctor of Pharmacy program operates on rolling admission. Applicant review begins as early as September for early-decision applicants. Regular process student interviews occur between January and March. You are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible after the opening of the PharmCAS application. Doing so gives your application the chance to be reviewed and considered for an interview the most times.
Ohio State uses the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) to process transcripts, test scores and letters of recommendation. We encourage students to begin the application process 12-18 months prior to the intended enrollment date.
The pharmacist application opens for each new cycle in early to mid July of each year for students seeking admission for the following autumn. The PharmCAS application deadline to be considered for the next cohort, which begins at the start of the autumn semester, is the first Monday in February each year.
For questions pertaining to the application process for the PharmD program, please e-mail email@example.com.
To apply, submit an application through PharmCAS.
The College of Pharmacy deadline for completed applications with financial assistance (Graduate Teaching Associateships and Graduate Research Associateships) for the Fall Term is December 1.
To apply online, visit the graduate admission website and follow these instructions:
- On the first page, search Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Create your account then select PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Indicate the Area of Specialization at the bottom of the "Program Data" tab. We offer specializations in the following areas:
- Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy
- Pharmaceutics and Pharmacology
- Translational Science
Master of Science in Translational Pharmacology
Students must complete an online application at the Graduate and Professional Admissions Application website. The materials listed below must be uploaded to the online application.
Please note: students who have taken classes in or completed a graduate-level (degree-granting) program at Ohio State should complete the online application for previously enrolled students. Please contact Ashley Sherf at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
To complete the application, the following information is required:
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose and Goals
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official College Transcript(s)
- Test of English Proficiency (if applicable)
- $60 Non-refundable Application Fee, paid at the time of application submission.
All residency programs utilize the ASHP supported Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) for ALL resident application submissions.
To complete a PhORCAS application, the following information is required:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Intent
- 3 References
- Copy of College Transcript(s)
- Please see program specific page for deadlines and/or required supplemental application materials.