August 13, 2021
Starting this fall, students at The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy will have benefited from six new scholarship funds.
The College of Pharmacy is hard at work training future pharmacists, scientists, doctors, and other health care professionals who will go on to improve health outcomes across the country and around the globe. Its academic programs require intense focus and time spent outside of the classroom studying. For many of our students, the rising cost of tuition competes for their focus, and many are working long hours to finance their education.
Thanks to generous gifts from donors, the college established six new scholarship funds that will account for $50,000 in aid this coming academic year. The scholarships will help these future health care professionals earn their education with less financial burden.
The new scholarships include:
- Anne & Thomas Burns Pharmacy Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Can be awarded to doctoral students.
- Day of Giving Pharmacy Scholarship
- Dr. Laura Lile Scholarship
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with interest in compounding pharmacy.
- Young Kyu Park Scholarship
- Special considerations will be given to international students.
- The Mark and Linda Sirgo Pharmacy Scholarship Fund
- For students who demonstrate financial need. Special consideration will be given to first-generation college students from select high schools.
- The Jean Kauffman Yost Pharmacy Scholarship Fund
- For students who demonstrate financial need. Special consideration will be given to those living or working in diverse areas.
For more information on how to support students, contact John Swartz (Swartz.email@example.com)