Rebecca Lahrman, PharmD, MS, BCACP
Assistant Professor - Clinical
Dr. Lahrman is an assistant professor of clinical pharmacy in the division of pharmacy practices and sciences at the Ohio state university college of pharmacy. She received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the university of Cincinnati and completed a two-year residency focused on community pharmacy leadership and management with Kroger Health and the university of Cincinnati. During her residency she completed a Masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences with an emphasis in health outcomes. Her thesis work with Dr. Pamela Heaton focused on the warm-handoff between ambulatory care pharmacists and community pharmacists for improving continuity of care. She additionally has an adjunct appointment at the Ohio University Heritage College of Medicine where she helps facilitate small group discussions.
Her current practice site is Shrivers Pharmacy and Wellness, which is a community pharmacy located in Athens Ohio near Ohio University. In this setting she has direct patient care roles in patient centered dispensing and medication therapy management. She also works on clinical service development such as travel vaccines, including yellow fever.
- 2024 ACCP Community-based PRN Outstanding Paper of the Year
- 2023 Preceptor of the Year for the Ohio University Heritage College of Medicine first year students
- 2023 AACP Lawrence C. Weaver Transformative Community Service Award (contributed to submission and site visit)
- 2022 ACCP Community-based PRN Esteemed New Practitioner of the Year
- 2017 Dean’s Leadership Award, University of Cincinnati
- Evaluation of gender-affirming care experiences of transgender and gender diverse patients within a LGBTQ+ community pharmacy, Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2024 Jan | journal-article. doi: 10.1016/j.japh.2023.11.006.
- Pharmacists’ facilitators and barriers to implementing and billing for patient care services: Interviews from the Ohio Medicaid Project, Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2023 Jul | journal-article. doi: 10.1016/j.japh.2023.04.009.
- BreatheOut: Development and implementation of a pharmacist-led, culturally tailored smoking cessation program for transgender and gender diverse patients, Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2023 May | journal-article. doi: 10.1016/j.japh.2023.02.017.
- Assessment of community pharmacists' confidence, foundational knowledge, and coordination of care activities in patients with cancer as a chronic condition., Journal of the American Pharmacists Association : JAPhA. 2019 May | journal-article. doi: 10.1016/j.japh.2019.03.020.