The pharmacy field is changing more than ever – keep pace and practice at the top of your license with those at the forefront.
The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
We offer pharmacists a wide-array of training opportunities for continuing professional development including online and live training sessions to meet the diverse needs of today’s practitioners. Our programs offer real-world experiences that foster best-practice models of pharmacist-provided care with business and industry leaders and advance the pharmacy profession, both locally and globally.
By partnering with internal and external university partners, we are able to drive practice transformation and improve patient care. Our trainings give pharmacists the tools to help educate the public about the value and role of the pharmacist as part of the health care team.
Our programs are based on practice-based research and constantly evolving to keep pace with the most current trends and the growing role of pharmacists.
The goals of Continuing Professional Development at the College of Pharmacy include:
- Develop and disseminate best practice models of pharmacist-provided care to drive practice transformation and support advocacy efforts towards achieving provider status
- Develop a workforce of practice ready pharmacists in areas of specific and emerging needs such as care of underserved populations
- Cultivate programs that bridge the community pharmacy leadership gap and prepare current pharmacists to lead practice change in community pharmacy
- Advance the role of community pharmacists in preventing opioid misuse
- Develop and disseminate pharmacy technician training to meet the education gap due to changing Ohio State Board of Pharmacy regulations