Sharyn Baker, PharmD, PhD
Dr. Baker’s cancer-relevant research interests broadly cover translational and clinical pharmacology of anti-cancer agents. Recently, her laboratory has focused on the preclinical development of anti-cancer agents for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML), with an emphasis on tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) drug combinations. Dr. Baker’s research interests include developmental therapeutics for AML, clinical pharmacology of tyrosine kinase inhibitors, variability in anti-cancer drug disposition and investigational anti-cancer drug development.
- 2004, Ph.D., Erasmus University Rotterdam, Medicine
- 1991, Pharm.D., University of California, San Francisco, Pharmacy
- 1986, B.A., Pacific Lutheran University, Biology
- California State Board of Pharmacy No. 40219 (inac, California State Board of Pharmacy
- Clinical and Translational Science Award, 2017
- De Graan, A.J.M.; Loos, W.J.; Friberg, L.E.; Baker, S.D. et al. Influence of smoking on the pharmacokinetics and toxicity profiles of taxane therapy Pharmaceutisch Weekblad. 2014 May; 149(20):81-88.
- Fu Q, Chen M, Hu S, McElroy CA, Mathijssen RH, Sparreboom A, Baker SD. Development and validation of an analytical method for regorafenib and its metabolites in mouse plasma. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2018 Jul 15;1090:43-51.
- Van Oosterwijk JG, Buelow DR, Drenberg CD, Vasilyeva A, Li L, Shi L, Wang YD, Finkelstein D, Shurtleff SA, Janke LJ, Pounds S, Rubnitz JE, Inaba H, Pabla N, Baker SD. Hypoxia-induced upregulation of BMX kinase mediates therapeutic resistance in acute myeloid leukemia. J Clin Invest. 2018 Jan 02;128(1):369-380.
- Jeon JY, Sparreboom A, Baker SD. Kinase Inhibitors: The Reality Behind the Success. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2017 Nov;102(5):726-730.
- Karol SE, Yang W, Smith C, Cheng C, Stewart CF, Baker SD, Sandlund JT, Rubnitz JE, Bishop MW, Pappo AS, Jeha S, Pui CH, Relling MV. Palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia syndrome following treatment with high-dose methotrexate or high-dose cytarabine. Cancer. 2017 Sep 15;123(18):3602-3608.
- View all journal articles