Our laboratory is focused on identifying therapeutic targets for kidney diseases. Acute kidney injury and renal cell carcinoma are the two major areas of interest. Our recent work has identified several protein kinases and membrane transporters as therapeutic targets for renal disorders. We utilize high throughput screening assays and functional genomics to identify molecular targets for renal diseases, followed by validation in in vivo animal models. The overall goal of these studies is to identify new therapeutic strategies to treat acute kidney injury and renal cell carcinoma, diseases for which no effective therapies are currently available.
- 2009, PhD (Biomedical Sciences), Medical College of Georgia
- 2003, M.Sc. (Biochemistry), Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- 2001, B.Sc. (Biotechnology), Sardar Patel University
- Kim JY, Bai Y, Jayne LA, Hector RD, Persaud AK, Ong SS, Rojesh S, Raj R, Feng MJHH, Chung S, Cianciolo RE, Christman JW, Campbell MJ, Gardner DS, Baker SD, Sparreboom A, Govindarajan R, Singh H, Chen T, Poi M, Susztak K, Cobb SR, Pabla N. A kinome-wide screen identifies a CDKL5-SOX9 regulatory axis in epithelial cell death and kidney injury. Nat Commun. 2020 Apr 21;11(1):1924.
- Kim JY, Jayne LA, Bai Y, Feng MJHH, Clark MA, Chung S, W Christman J, Cianciolo RE, Pabla N. Ribociclib mitigates cisplatin-associated kidney injury through retinoblastoma-1 dependent mechanisms. Biochem Pharmacol. 2020 Mar 27;177:113939.