Mitch Phelps’ group is involved in both pre-clinical and clinical development of numerous small molecule anti-cancer and immuno-modulatory agents under development here at OSU. Their work aims to understand the mechanisms involved in the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion (i.e. pharmacokinetics, PK) of these agents, and how both the PK and pharmacodynamic (PD) effects of these agents are altered by genetic differences (polymorphisms) among individuals (i.e. pharmacogenetics, PG).
- 2005, PhD, The Ohio State University, Biophysics
- 1999, MLHR, The Ohio State University, Labor and Human Resources
- 1992, BA, Ohio Wesleyan University, Physics
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award, 2005
- Predoctoral Fellowship, 2004
- Predoctoral Fellowship, 2003 - 2004
- Ray Travel Award, 2003
- Hazel Brown Teaching Award, 2001
- Cho YK, Irby DJ, Li J, Sborov DW, Mould DR, Badawi M, Dauki A, Lamprecht M, Rosko AE, Fernandez S, Hade EM, Hofmeister CC, Poi M, Phelps MA. Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Model of Neutropenia in Patients With Myeloma Receiving High-Dose Melphalan for Autologous Stem Cell Transplant. CPT Pharmacometrics Syst Pharmacol. 2018 Oct 20.
- Young AN, Herrera D, Huntsman AC, Korkmaz MA, Lantvit DD, Mazumder S, Kolli S, Coss CC, King S, Wang H, Swanson SM, Kinghorn AD, Zhang X, Phelps MA, Aldrich LN, Fuchs JR, Burdette JE. Phyllanthusmin Derivatives Induce Apoptosis and Reduce Tumor Burden in High-Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer by Late-Stage Autophagy Inhibition. Mol Cancer Ther. 2018 Oct;17(10):2123-2135.
- Coss CC, Clinton SK, Phelps MA. Cachectic Cancer Patients: Immune to Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy? Clin Cancer Res. 2018 Jul 17.
- Badawi M, Kim J, Dauki A, Sutaria D, Motiwala T, Reyes R, Wani N, Kolli S, Jiang J, Coss CC, Jacob ST, Phelps MA, Schmittgen TD. CD44 positive and sorafenib insensitive hepatocellular carcinomas respond to the ATP-competitive mTOR inhibitor INK128. Oncotarget. 2018 May 25;9(40):26032-26045.
- Markowitz J, Wang J, Vangundy Z, You J, Yildiz V, Yu L, Foote IP, Branson OE, Stiff AR, Brooks TR, Biesiadecki B, Olencki T, Tridandapani S, Freitas MA, Papenfuss T, Phelps MA, Carson WE. Author Correction: Nitric oxide mediated inhibition of antigen presentation from DCs to CD4+ T cells in cancer and measurement of STAT1 nitration. Sci Rep. 2018 Mar 06;8(1):4203.
- View all journal articles