The long-term research goal in Dr. Hu's laboratory is to understand the mechanisms in myocardial ischemia and cardioprotection. The lab is particularly interested in studying the regulation of ion channels and their signaling molecules in the cardiovascular system, with a special emphasis on subcellular localization, traffic regulation, molecular mechanisms and their physiological relevance, particularly as these processes relate to human cardiovascular diseases. The ultimate goal is to explore the challenges in identifying therapeutic targets and to help developing preventive and therapeutic strategies for cardiovascular diseases.
- MD, Xiangya College of Medicine, Central South University, China
- PhD, Pharmacology, McGill University, Canada
- Postdoctoral Fellow, VA New York Harbor Healthcare System/University of California San Francisco, USA
- Kang C, Hernandez VA, Hu K. Functional Interaction of the two-pore domain potassium channel TASK-1 and caveolin-3. Biochim Biophys Acta – Molecular Cell Research. 1864(10):1537-1544, 2017.
- Kang C, Qin J, Osei W, Hu K. Regulation of protein kinase C-epsilon and its age-dependence. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 482(4):1201-1206, 2017.
- Li Y, Cai M, Cao L, Qin X, Zheng T, Xu X, Sandvick TM, Hutchinson K, Wold LE, Hu K Sun Q, Thomas DP, Ren J, He G. Endurance exercise accelerates myocardial tissue oxygenation recovery and reduces ischemia reperfusion injury in mice. PLoS One. 4;9(12):e114205, 2014.
- Chakrabarti S, Wu X, Yang Z, Wu L, Yong SL, Zhang C, Hu K, Wang QK, Chen Q. MOG1 Rescues Defective Trafficking of Nav1.5 Mutations in Brugada Syndrome and Sick Sinus Syndrome. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 6(2):392-401, 2013.
- Waller AP, George M, Kalyanasundaram A, Kang C, Periasamy M, Hu K, Lacombe AV. GLUT12 functions as a basal and insulin-independent glucose transporter in the heart. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1832(1):121-7, 2013.
- View all journal articles