Dr. Sparreboom's research studies the contribution of solute carriers to chemotherapy-induced toxicity profiles, identifies chemical inhibitors of critical transporters, translates the findings to clinical trials in collaboration with scientists and oncologists, and ultimately improves the long-term outcome of patients with cancer by modulating the therapeutic window of widely-used chemotherapeutics. His research is currently focused on the development of transport modulators that could be used in conjunction with platinum-based drugs and tyrosine-kinase inhibitors, with emphasis on the development of innovative preclinical model systems.
- PhD, 1996, The Netherlands Cancer Institute/Utrecht University, Pharmacy
- MSc, 1993, Utrecht University, Pharmacy
- BSc, 1989, Utrecht University, Pharmacy
- Fu Q, Chen M, Hu S, McElroy CA, Mathijssen RH, Sparreboom A, Baker SD. Development and validation of an analytical method for regorafenib and its metabolites in mouse plasma. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2018 Jul 15;1090:43-51.
- Huang KM, Hu S, Sparreboom A. Drug transporters and anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicity. Pharmacogenomics. 2018 Jul 01;19(11):883-888.
- Leblanc AF, Sprowl JA, Alberti P, Chiorazzi A, Arnold WD, Gibson AA, Hong KW, Pioso MS, Chen M, Huang KM, Chodisetty V, Costa O, Florea T, de Bruijn P, Mathijssen RH, Reinbolt RE, Lustberg MB, Sucheston-Campbell LE, Cavaletti G, Sparreboom A, Hu S. OATP1B2 deficiency protects against paclitaxel-induced neurotoxicity. 2018 Feb 01;128(2):816-825.
- Li J, Wu J, Bao X, Honea N, Xie Y, Kim S, Sparreboom A, Sanai N. Quantitative and Mechanistic Understanding of AZD1775 Penetration across Human Blood-Brain Barrier in Glioblastoma Patients Using an IVIVE-PBPK Modeling Approach. Clin Cancer Res. 2017 Dec 15;23(24):7454-7466.
- Jeon JY, Sparreboom A, Baker SD. Kinase Inhibitors: The Reality Behind the Success. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2017 Nov;102(5):726-730.
- View all journal articles