Yu-Jung “Jenny” Wei, PhD
Dr. Wei's area of research expertise is in geriatric pharmacoepidemiology, with specific focus areas on drug safety, drug effectiveness, and quality of medication prescribing in older adults, especially those with pain, neurodegenerative diseases (e.g., Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia [ADRD]), and nursing home stays. In addition to her research expertise, she will make important contributions to the teaching mission; including graduate student teaching and mentoring, as well as the service mission of the College.
Ongoing grant projects
- AHRQ R01 HS029001: Pain, Multimorbidity, Opiod-Drug Interactions and Risk for Opioid Use Disorder or Overdose in Older Adults
- NIH/NIA R01 AG073442: Opioid Prescribing Practice and Health Outcomes in Patients with Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementia (ADRD)
Dr Wei is currently recruiting:
- PhD, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Health Services Research
- MSc, National Taiwan University, Health Policy and Management
- 2020 - The American Society of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (ASCPT)’s William B Abrams Award in Geriatric Clinical Pharmacology
- 2018 - Excellent Awards for Assistant Professors, University of Florida
- 2017-2019 - Junior Scholar Award, NIA Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center grant at University of Florida
- 2011 - Best Research Award, Treatment for Homeless Program Technical Assistance Workshop, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- 2008-2012 - Rho Chi Honor Society Membership
- Pain intensity, physical function, and depressive symptoms associated with discontinuing long-term opioid therapy in older adults with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias, Alzheimer's & Dementia . 2023 Oct | journal-article. .
- Pain intensity, physical function, and depressive symptoms associated with discontinuing long‐term opioid therapy in older adults with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias, Alzheimer's & Dementia. 2023 Oct | journal-article. doi: 10.1002/alz.13489.
- Trends in Dietary Vitamin A Intake Among US Adults by Race and Ethnicity, 2003-2018., JAMA. 2023 Mar | journal-article. doi: 10.1001/jama.2023.0636.
- Association of injury after prescription opioid initiation with risk for opioid-related adverse events among older Medicare beneficiaries in the United States: A nested case-control study., PLoS medicine. 2022 Sep | journal-article. doi: 10.1371/journal.pmed.1004101.
- Perioperative Use of Gabapentinoids and Risk for Postoperative Long-Term Opioid Use in Older Adults Undergoing Total Knee or Hip Arthroplasty., The Journal of arthroplasty. 2022 May | journal-article. doi: 10.1016/j.arth.2022.05.018.
- See more publications