Dr. Lee's lab is focused on targeted drug delivery systems based on nanoparticles. Nanoparticles can serve as carriers of therapeutic agents, including nucleic acids such as siRNA, miRNA and anti-miRs, and facilitate their therapeutic delivery. The lab's effort is focused on improving nanoparticle composition based on rational design and directed at clinical applications. Ongoing projects include developing miR-targeting lipid nanoparticles and targeted chemotherapeutic drug formulations and bioconjugates for therapy of solid tumors, leukemias, diabetic wounds, and other diseases.
- 1994, PhD, Purdue University, Biological Sciences
- 1989, BS, Peking University, Biology
- Papaioannou D, Petri A, Dovey OM, Terreri S, Wang E, Collins FA, Woodward LA, Walker AE, Nicolet D, Pepe F, Kumchala P, Bill M, Walker CJ, Karunasiri M, Mrózek K, Gardner ML, Camilotto V, Zitzer N, Cooper JL, Cai X, Rong-Mullins X, Kohlschmidt J, Archer KJ, Freitas MA, Zheng Y, Lee RJ, Aifantis I, Vassiliou G, Singh G, Kauppinen S, Bloomfield CD, Dorrance AM, Garzon R. Publisher Correction: The long non-coding RNA HOXB-AS3 regulates ribosomal RNA transcription in NPM1-mutated acute myeloid leukemia. Nat Commun. 2020 Jan 7;11(1):204.
- Cai G, Wang K, Qu N, Qiu P, Vlahakis JZ, Szarek WA, Lee RJ, Gao Y. Antitumor effect of a liposome-encapsulated β1,4-galactosyltransferase inhibitor. Int J Pharm. 2018 Dec 01;552(1-2):388-393.
- Yu C, Zhang X, Sun X, Long C, Sun F, Liu J, Li X, Lee RJ, Liu N, Li Y, Teng L. Ketoprofen and MicroRNA-124 Co-loaded poly (lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres inhibit progression of Adjuvant-induced arthritis in rats. Int J Pharm. 2018 Dec 01;552(1-2):148-153.
- Yang T, Chen Y, Zhao P, Xue H, You J, Li B, Liu Y, He C, Zhang X, Fan L, Lee RJ, Li L, Ma X, Xu C, Xiang G. Enhancing the therapeutic effect via elimination of hepatocellular carcinoma stem cells using Bmi1 siRNA delivered by cationic cisplatin nanocapsules. Nanomedicine. 2018 10;14(7):2009-2021.
- Authors: Li J, Ghatak S, El Masry MS, Das A, Liu Y, Roy S, Lee RJ, Sen CK. Topical Lyophilized Targeted Lipid Nanoparticles in the Restoration of Skin Barrier Function following Burn Wound.Mol Ther. 2018 Sep 05;26(9):2178-2188.
- View all journal articles