Nearly three out of every five adults in the United States consume prescribed medications. Dr. Donneyong’s research focuses on the safety and effectiveness of medications and medical devices. Specifically, he applies quantitative methods from epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, biostatistics and data analytics to analyze large healthcare databases such as health insurance claims and other linked databases which capture prescribed medication use and outcomes on their safety and effectiveness.
- Drug-drug interactions
- The role of the social determinants of health factors on the effectiveness of prescribed medications
- Medication outcomes among racial/ethnic minorities
The Ohio State University, College of Public Health
2018 – Present: PUBHHMP 6625; Leveraging Healthcare Data for Practice and Policy Change, Principal instructor
The Ohio State University, College of Pharmacy
2017 – Present: PHR 6303; Concepts in Patient Care, Co-instructor
- 2013, PhD, University of Louisville
- 2009, MPH, Missouri State University
- 2005, BSc, University of Ghana
- Ankrah D, Hallas, J, Odei J, Asenso-Boadi F, Dsane-Selby L, Donneyong MM. A review of the Ghana National Health Insurance Scheme claims database: possibilities and limits for drug utilization research. Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology. November 2018.
- Donneyong MM, Kulik A, Gagne JJ. Patterns of Intravenous Corticosteroid Utilization in Patients Undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery in the US. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology and Therapeutics. October 2017.
- Franklin JM, Donneyong M, Desai R, Markson L, Girman C, McKay C, Patel MD, Mavros P, Schneeweiss S. Variation in adherence to medications across the healthcare system in two comparative effectiveness research cohorts: Evaluating multiple healthcare hierarchies. Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research. September, 2017; in press.
- Kesselheim AS, Donneyong M, Dal Pan GJ, Zhou EH, Avorn J, Schneeweiss S, Seeger JD. Changes in prescribing and healthcare resource utilization after FDA Drug Safety Communications involving zolpidem-containing medications. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. April 2017.
- Donneyong MM, Bykov K, Bosco-Levy P, Dong YH, Levin R, Gagne JJ. Risk of mortality with concomitant use of tamoxifen and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: multi-database cohort study. British Medical Journal (BMJ). September 2016.
- View all journal articles