Kristin A. Casper, PharmD, RPh, BCACP received her B.S. in pharmacy and Doctor of Pharmacy degrees from the University of Toledo. She was the second graduate of the Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency at The Ohio State University. She is a Regular Clinical Track Faculty Member at The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy. Dr. Casper currently serves as a shared faculty practitioner with the Charitable Pharmacy of Central Ohio. Prior to this clinical opportunity, she was a clinical practitioner at Clinical Partners where she expanded the Patient Center Medical Home practice as a practitioner at Carepoint Lewis Center. In her early career, Dr. Casper was the first shared faculty member with the Kroger Company, and was integral in programmatic development, as well as laying the groundwork for a significant ongoing community partnership. Dr. Casper's areas of focus include development of innovative practice sites, with a teaching focus on practice management and self-care and nonprescription medications. She has also integrated experiential education into her teaching and practice development. Dr. Casper's service includes providing leadership for a number of College level committees including the PharmD Program Curriculum Committee. Nationally, Dr. Casper has been involved with AACP and the Self-Care/Nonprescription Special Interest Group (SIG), as well as the Nonprescription Medicines Academy, serving as a member of the planning and programming committees.
- 1997, PharmD, University of Toledo
- 1995, BS, University of Toledo, Pharmacy
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist, BCACP, Board of Pharmacy Specialities
- Top 3 Finalist for Lawrence C. Weaver Transformative Community Service Award, 2015
- OSTEP Mid-Career & Senior Faculty Learning Community, 2014 - 2015
- AACP Walmart Scholars Program, 2014 - 2014
- OSTEP Mid-Career & Senior Faculty Learning Community, 2013 - 2014
- APPM Poster Presentation Merit Award, 2010
- View all honors
- Mospan CM, Casper KA, Coleman A, Porter K. Managerial skills of new practitioner pharmacists within community practice. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2017 May - Jun;57(3S):S265-S269.
- Singrey AM, Mehta BH, Casper KA. Management of heart failure patients through integrative medical group visits. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2015 Mar 01;72(5):349-51.
- Grover AB, Casper KA, Mehta BH. Making the transition from student to teacher. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2013 Mar 15;70(6):486-9.
- Kehrer JP, Schindel TJ, Mann HJ. Cooperation in pharmacy education in Canada and the United States. Am J Pharm Educ. 2010 Oct 11;74(8):142.
- Nahata M, Kelley K, McAuley J, Bennett M, Carnes C, Casper K, Knoell D, Pruchnicki M, Schneider P, Massaro A. Renewing vision and strategic priorities for an academic unit. Am J Pharm Educ. 2010 Feb 10;74(1):13.
- View all journal articles