Dr. Kelley has worked at the Ohio State College of Pharmacy for more than twenty years with roles in the areas of student services, assessment and accreditation. She is currently Associate Dean for Assessment and Strategic Initiatives and Professor of Clinical Pharmacy at The Ohio State University, College of Pharmacy. In her current capacity, she leads the Office of Educational Innovation and Scholarship whose strategic areas of focus include program development, assessment, and helping faculty disseminate scholarly work related to their teaching (e.g. the scholarship of teaching and learning).
Dr. Kelley has been an active member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy since 1997 and has served as chair of the Institutional Research and Assessment Committee and Chair of the Assessment Special Interest Group. These experiences provided an excellent foundation for understanding AACP and the relationships between the membership, its governance and the AACP staff.
Dr. Kelley received a BA in Chemistry from Miami University an MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the University of Cincinnati, an MS in Pharmaceutical Administration and a PhD in Higher Education Administration from the Ohio State University. She has completed two leadership programs – AACP’s Academic Leadership Fellows Program the HERS Bryn Mawr Leadership Institute. She teaches in the PharmD program as part of a team delivering co-curricular content instruction and another team for program-level assessment. Her areas of research interest include educational assessment, program evaluation, student learning, and pharmacy education. She has also been an active member of the Big Ten Pharmacy Assessment Collaborative.
Dr. Kelley is the recipient of the Rufus A. Lyman Award, 2012 and the 2013 Excellence in Assessment Award from the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, as well as the 2017 Social and Administrative Science Section Best Publication Award for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
Liz Gibson, Administrative Associate
- 2002, Ph.D., Ohio State University, The
- 1998, M.S., Ohio State University, The
- 1992, M.S., University Of Cincinnati
- 1989, B.A., Miami University
- Social and Administrative Science Section Best Publication Award for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 2017
- Outstanding Mentorship and Service, 2016 - 2016
- Inducted to Phi Lambda Sigma, 2014
- AACP Award for Excellence in Assessment, 2013 - 2013
- AACP/NCPA Innovative Adherence Educators Challenge, 2012 - 2012
- View all honors
- Janke KK, Kelley KA, Martin BA, Ray ME, Sweet BV. Response to Peeters and Schmunde: Toward More Clarity in the Use of the Terms Assessment and Program Evaluation. Am J Pharm Educ. 2020 Sep;84(9):ajpe8296.
- Alston GL, Marsh W, Castleberry AN, Kelley KA, Boyce EG. Pharmacists opinions of the value of specific applicant attributes in hiring decisions for entry-level pharmacists. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2018 Jul 07.
- Yee GC, Janke KK, Fuller PD, Kelley KA, Scott SA, Sorensen TD. StrengthsFinder® signature themes of talent in pharmacy residents at four midwestern pharmacy schools. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2018 Jan - Feb;10(1):61-65.
- Alston GL, Marsh WA, Castleberry AN, Kelley KA, Boyce EG. Pharmacists' Opinions of the Value of CAPE Outcomes in Hiring Decisions. Am J Pharm Educ. 2017 Dec;81(10):6112.
- Janke KK, Kelley KA, Sweet BV, Kuba SE. A Modified Delphi Process to Define Competencies for Assessment Leads Supporting a Doctor of Pharmacy Program. Am J Pharm Educ. 2016 Dec 25;80(10):167.
- View all journal articles