- Board Certified in Pharmacy Nutrition Support, The Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties, 1995-present
- Master of Science in Hospital Pharmacy, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy, Columbus, OH, June 1978
- Certificate of Residency, The Ohio State University Hospitals, Columbus, OH, June 1978
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, Cum Laude, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, June 1976
- Distinguished Alumni, The University of Toledo, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2016
- Barney Sellars Public Policy Award, The American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, 2015
- Fellow, The American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, 2013
- The Jack L. Beal Post baccalaureate Award, The Ohio State University, College of Pharmacy Alumni Society, 2012
- The Clifton J. Latiolais Award, 2010
- View all honors
- Mirtallo JM. Presidential Address: Parenteral nutrition: Can outcomes be improved? JPEN J Parenter Enter Nutr 2013;37(2):181-189.
- Mirtallo JM, Sacks GS. A ‘Call to Action’ for an expanded pharmacist role in influencing the quality of nutrition care. J Parenter Enter Nutr 2013; 37:446-7.
- Mirtallo JM, Dasta JF, Kleinschmidt KC and Varon J. State of the Art Review: Intravenous fat emulsions: current applications, safety profile and clinical implications. Ann Pharmacother 2010: 44. (4): 688-700.
- Mirtallo, J.M., Schneider, P.J., Mavko, K., Ruberg, R.L., Fabri, P.J.: A Comparison of Essential and General Amino Acid Infusions in the Nutritional Support of Patients with Comprised Renal Function. J Parenteral Enter Nutr. 6:109 13, 1982.
- Jensen GL, Mirtallo J, Compher C et al. Adult starvation and disease-related malnutrition: A proposal for etiology-based diagnosis in the clinical practice setting from the International Consensus Guideline Committee. J Parenter Enter Nutr 34: 156-159, 2010 and Clin Nutr 29(2):151-153, 2010
- View all journal articles