Dr. Shu’s research is focused on (1) RNA nanotechnology: use RNA as a nanotechnology platform to construct RNA nanoparticles with functional modalities for therapeutics, targeting, and diagnostics (ACS Nano, 2015; Nature Nanotechnology, 2011; Nano Letters, 2004); and (2) Single molecule biophysical studies: use single-molecule detection (such as FRET) to understand the structure-function relationship for individual biomolecules (ACS Nano, 2010; EMBO Journal, 2007; RNA, 2007). Her long-term objective is to focus on the development and translation of RNA nanotechnology-based therapeutics and imaging agents into clinical trials.
- Xu, Y.; Pang, L.; Wang, H.; Xu, C. et al. Specific delivery of delta-5-desaturase siRNA via RNA nanoparticles supplemented with dihomo-γ-linolenic acid for colon cancer suppression Redox Biol. 2018 Dec; 21 101085-101085.
- Yin, H.; Wang, H.; Li, Z.; Shu, D. et al. RNA Micelles for Systemic Delivery of Anti-miRNA for Cancer Targeting and Inhibition without Ligand ACS Nano. 2018 Dec; .
- Shu, Y.; Yin, H.; Rajabi, M.; Li, H. et al. RNA-based micelles: A novel platform for paclitaxel loading and delivery J Control Release. 2018 Apr; 276 17-29.
- Smith, J.A.; Braga, A.; Verheyen, J.; Basilico, S. et al. RNA Nanotherapeutics for the Amelioration of Astroglial Reactivity Mol Ther Nucleic Acids. 2018 Mar; 10 103-121.
- Xu, C.; Haque, F.; Jasinski, D.L.; Binzel, D.W. et al. Favorable biodistribution, specific targeting and conditional endosomal escape of RNA nanoparticles in cancer therapy Cancer Lett. 2018 Feb; 414 57-70.
- View all journal articles