My research is focused on cardiac arrhythmias (abnormal heart rhythms), particularly in heart failure. We use an integrated approach from proteins to cells to tissues to the intact organism to study the causes, and potential treatments of cardiac arrhythmias. My clinical practice is at the Ambulatory Care Center at the Ross Heart Hospital, where I provide patient care in antiarrhythmic medication monitoring.
- 1996, PhD, The Ohio State University, Pharmacy and Veterinary Clinical Sciences
- 1988, PharmD, University of Utah, Pharmacy
- 1983, BS, University of Texas, Pharmacy
- MATE1 Deficiency Exacerbates Dofetilide-Induced Proarrhythmia., International journal of molecular sciences. 2022 Aug | journal-article. doi: 10.3390/ijms23158607.
- Ero1α-Dependent ERp44 Dissociation From RyR2 Contributes to Cardiac Arrhythmia., Circulation research. 2022 Jan | journal-article. doi: 10.1161/circresaha.121.320531.
- Pyridostigmine improves cardiac function and rhythmicity through RyR2 stabilization and inhibition of STIM1‐mediated calcium entry in heart failure, Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine. 2021 May | journal-article. doi: 10.1111/jcmm.16356.
- Targeting OCT3 attenuates doxorubicin-induced cardiac injury., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2021 Feb | journal-article. doi: 10.1073/pnas.2020168118.
- Muscarinic-dependent phosphorylation of the cardiac ryanodine receptor by protein kinase G is mediated by PI3K–AKT–nNOS signaling, Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2020 Aug | journal-article. doi: 10.1074/jbc.RA120.014054.
- See more publications