Jonathan Boyce, PhD
Dr. Boyce's lab develops protease-cleavable linkers for peptide prodrugs and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) to minimize neutropenia, a common side effect for FDA-approved protease-cleavable ADCs due to premature drug release. The Boyce lab designs biomolecular prodrugs to combat cancer resistance in ccRCC, ovarian, and breast cancers, and focuses on the chemical synthesis, medicinal chemistry optimization, and target evaluation of natural product classes with rare selectivity against cancer.
His lab's research interests focus on protease-activated prodrug development, prodrug linker optimization for cancer therapeutics, biomolecular prodrug development to combat cancer resistance, chemical synthesis of natural product analogs with rare selectivity against cancer, and synthesis of photoaffinity probes for target ID.
- 2017-2022 - Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Biology - University of California, San Fransisco
- 2011-2017 - PhD in Chemistry - Boston University
- 2005-2008 - BS in Chemistry - University of California, Berkeley
- 2019-2020 - Ruth L Kirschstein NRSA T32, CVRI Fellowship
- 2018-2019 - Clinical & Translational Science Institute TL1 Prescient Fellowship
- 2017 - 2018 - Clinical & Translational Science Institute TL1 Prescient Fellowship
- 2011-2012 - Dean’s Fellowship, Boston University
- Platform to Discover Protease-Activated Antibiotics and Application to Siderophore-Antibiotic Conjugates., Journal of the American Chemical Society. 2020 Dec | journal-article. doi: 10.1021/jacs.0c06987.
- Synthesis and Multiplexed Activity Profiling of Synthetic Acylphloroglucinol Scaffolds., Angewandte Chemie (International ed. in English). 2020 Sep | journal-article. doi: 10.1002/anie.202010338.
- Platform to Discover Protease-Activated Antibiotics and Application to Siderophore-Antibiotic Conjugates, ChemRxiv. 2020 Aug | preprint. doi: 10.26434/chemrxiv.12809603.v1.
- Regiodivergent Photocyclization of Dearomatized Acylphloroglucinols: Asymmetric Syntheses of (-)-Nemorosone and (-)-6-epi-Garcimultiflorone A., Journal of the American Chemical Society. 2019 Jul | journal-article. doi: 10.1021/jacs.9b05600.
- Total Syntheses of Polycyclic Polyprenylated Acylphloroglucinol Natural Products and Analogs Utilizing Alkylative Dearomatizations and Cationic Cyclizations, . 2017 Jan | dissertation-thesis. .
- See more publications