Guidelines specific to The Ohio State University Summer 2022
- Youth events taking place at The Ohio State University must follow all applicable state, local and university protocols related to COVID-19. As health guidance is subject to change, please stay up-to-date on all university safety and health guidelines for summer 2022.
- Individuals should stay home if they are feeling sick and follow US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines if they test positive for COVID-19 or are exposed to someone with the virus. Current CDC guidelines for quarantine and isolation are based on your vaccination status.
- All programs must maintain accurate participation and attendance logs for use with potential contact tracing. Contact tracers may require participant names, addresses and phone numbers for program participants (and, for events involving minors, their parent/guardian).
- Ohio State students, faculty and staff are already required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have received an approved exemption under the university’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
- For any visitors attending summer events at The Ohio State University, including youth/minors, COVID-19 vaccinations are strongly recommended but are not required. While we strongly recommend COVID-19 vaccinations for all Pills, Potions and Poisons youth participants, it will not be enforced, thus, this leaves open the possibility that there may be unvaccinated participants in this program.
Guidelines Specific to Pills, Potions and Poisons
- If the program is cancelled, all attempts will be made to refund your fees.
- If you are asked to quarantine or isolate due to any illness (including COVID-19 exposure), your fees will not be refunded.
- There will be no virtual component of PPP if the in-person camp is cancelled and/or if you require quarantine and isolation.
- Mask requirements will follow current guidelines set by The Ohio State University in all classroom spaces. However, some PPP activities will be held at the Wexner Medical Center, and if at the time of the event a mask mandate is in effect, all students wanting to participate in these activities will be required to wear a mask.