Our research is devoted to drug discovery and development for the treatment of cancer as well as inherited genetic disorders. We integrate our specialty in pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry, biomedical engineering, materials formulation, and animal studies to design novel therapeutic medicines and uncover their mechanisms of actions. The ultimate goal is to translate our scientific results and technological inventions into more effective treatment and more fulfilling lives for all individuals.
- 2014, Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology & Harvard Medical School
- 2009, PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry (MS, PhD),
- 2005, MS, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry
- 2002, BS, Peking University, Pharmaceutical Science
- Certificate in Applied Biostatistics, Harvard Medical School
- View all education
- NIGMS-Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (MIRA), 2016 - 2021
- New Investigator Grant, 2016 - 2017
- Research Project Award, 2016 - 2017
- Early Career Investigator Award, 2015 - 2017
- ResearchReward, 2015 - 2016
- View all honors
- Li B, Zhang X, Dong Y. Nanoscale platforms for messenger RNA delivery. Wiley Interdiscip Rev Nanomed Nanobiotechnol. 2018 May 04;:e1530.
- Li B, Zeng C, Dong Y. Design and assessment of engineered CRISPR-Cpf1 and its use for genome editing. Nat Protoc. 2018 May;13(5):899-914.
- Guo S, Li H, Ma M, Fu J, Dong Y, Guo P. Size, Shape, and Sequence-Dependent Immunogenicity of RNA Nanoparticles. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids. 2017 Dec 15;9:399-408.
- Zhang X, Chen X, Zhao W, Zeng C, Luo X, Li W, Li B, Jiang J, Dong Y. GlcNAc Conjugated Atorvastatin with Enhanced Water Solubility and Cellular Internalization. Bioconjug Chem. 2017 08 16;28(8):2109-2113.
- Zhang X, Li B, Luo X, Zhao W, Jiang J, Zhang C, Gao M, Chen X, Dong Y. Biodegradable Amino-Ester Nanomaterials for Cas9 mRNA Delivery in Vitro and in Vivo. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2017 Aug 02;9(30):25481-25487.
- View all journal articles