Stuart Beatty is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy at The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy. He received his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Ohio Northern University. Following graduation, he completed a Pharmacy Practice Residency with an Emphasis in Community Care from The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy. He worked in community pharmacy before returning to The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy faculty. Upon his return, he established pharmacy services at The Ohio State University Division of General Internal Medicine clinics, where he has an active pharmacy practice residency program. He is involved in both didactic and experiential teaching with his current position. His research interests include pharmacist involvement in the patient-centered medical home and scholarship of teaching and learning.
- 2004, Pharmacy Practice Residency with Emphasis in Community Care, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy
- 2003, PharmD, with Distinction, Ohio Northern University, Pharmacy
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, BCPS, Board of Pharmacy Specialities
- Certified Diabetes Educator, CDE, National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators
- Upsher-Smith Excellence in Innovation Award, 2014
- Distinguished Achievement Award in Pharmacy Practice, 2014
- National Award for Excellence in Assessment, 2013
- Clinical and Translation Science Best Poster Award, 2013
- National Innovative Medication Adherence Educators Challenge Award, 2012
- View all honors
- Shay B, Kennerly-Shah J, Neidecker M, Beatty S, Witkoff L, Brown N, Kraut E. Effect of a Pharmacist-Driven Monitoring Program and Electronic Health Record on Bleeding Log Completeness and Documentation. J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2018 Oct;24(10):1034-1039.
- Maguire MA, Pavlakos RN, Mehta BH, Schmuhl KK, Beatty SJ. A naloxone and harm reduction educational program across four years of a doctor of pharmacy program. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2018 Jan - Feb;10(1):72-77.
- Trinkley KE, Weed HG, Beatty SJ, Porter K, Nahata MC. Identification and Characterization of Adverse Drug Events in Primary Care. Am J Med Qual. 2017 Sep/Oct;32(5):518-525.
- Schamess A, Foraker R, Kretovics M, Barnes K, Beatty S, Bose-Brill S, Tayal N. Reduced emergency room and hospital utilization in persons with multiple chronic conditions and disability receiving home-based primary care. Disabil Health J. 2017 04;10(2):326-333.
- Matthews DE, Beatty SJ, Grever GM, Lehman A, Barnes KD. Comparison of 2 Population Health Management Approaches to Increase Vitamin B12 Monitoring in Patients Taking Metformin. Ann Pharmacother. 2016 10;50(10):840-6.
- View all journal articles