Dr. Larue’s research interests include identifying novel interactions between host and virally encoded proteins, elucidating the role of cellular cofactors in guiding integration site selection of retroviral integrases, discerning structural determinates for interactions between host proteins, retroviral integrases and select chromatin marks, and investigating methods to improve gammaretroviral based vectors for human gene-therapy. His laboratory utilizes a combination of molecular, biophysical and biochemical approaches coupled with collaborations with experts in structural biology to address these intriguing research interests.
- Hoyte AC, Jamin AV, Koneru PC, Kobe MJ, Larue RC, Fuchs JR, Engelman AN, Kvaratskhelia M. Resistance to pyridine-based inhibitor KF116 reveals an unexpected role of integrase in HIV-1 Gag-Pol polyprotein proteolytic processing. J Biol Chem. 2017 12 01;292(48):19814-19825.
- Winans S, Larue RC, Abraham CM, Shkriabai N, Skopp A, Winkler D, Kvaratskhelia M, Beemon KL. The FACT Complex Promotes Avian Leukosis Virus DNA Integration. J Virol. 2017 04 01;91(7).
- Kessl JJ, Kutluay SB, Townsend D, Rebensburg S, Slaughter A, Larue RC, Shkriabai N, Bakouche N, Fuchs JR, Bieniasz PD, Kvaratskhelia M. HIV-1 Integrase Binds the Viral RNA Genome and Is Essential during Virion Morphogenesis. Cell. 2016 Aug 25;166(5):1257-1268.e12.
- Feng L, Dharmarajan V, Serrao E, Hoyte A, Larue RC, Slaughter A, Sharma A, Plumb MR, Kessl JJ, Fuchs JR, Bushman FD, Engelman AN, Griffin PR, Kvaratskhelia M. The Competitive Interplay between Allosteric HIV-1 Integrase Inhibitor BI/D and LEDGF/p75 during the Early Stage of HIV-1 Replication Adversely Affects Inhibitor Potency. ACS Chem Biol. 2016 05 20;11(5):1313-21.
- Crowe BL, Larue RC, Yuan C, Hess S, Kvaratskhelia M, Foster MP. Structure of the Brd4 ET domain bound to a C-terminal motif from γ-retroviral integrases reveals a conserved mechanism of interaction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016 Feb 23;113(8):2086-91.
- View all journal articles