$100 for pharmacists, $50 for residents and students.
The Pharmacy-Based Care for Underserved Populations Training Program enables pharmacists, pharmacy residents and pharmacy students to provide the highest level of care to meet the needs of underserved populations in Ohio and beyond. This practice-based training provides the knowledge and resources needed to provide direct patient care to underserved populations. Participants will also hear from experts in the field and create an action plan to develop and implement innovative services.
This 15 hour (1.5 CEUs) two part practice based certificate program consists of:
- 10.5 hours (1.05 CEUs) of self-study online modules with assessment questions
- One 4.5 hour (0.45 CEUs) live seminar with assessments Online module** topics include:
- Defining the Underserved Population and Understanding Socioeconomic Issues
- Cultural Competency
- Access to Healthcare and Medications
- Communication Skills and Motivational Interviewing
- Health Literacy
- Pharmacy Practice Primer (including billing and reimbursement considerations)
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded to participants who successfully complete all activity requirements, which include the self-study component and live training seminar. Successful completion is defined as a score of 80% or better on the self-study and attending the live seminar.
Jen Rodis PharmD, Associate Professor, PPS
Bella Mehta, PharmD, Professor, PPS
Goals and Objectives
A complete list of course goals, objectives, as well as topics can be found in the 2017 Training Syllabus.
* Registration is limited to 30 participants per session
**Please note, participants must complete the online modules prior to attending the live sessions
- Online training opens up 30 days prior to the requested live session.
- Special discount rate of $100 for both online and live sessions.
- The release date is 11/30/2017 with an expiration date of 11/30/2020.
- ACPE UAN: 0633-0000-017-016-B04-P (Practice)
This training program was supported by the Cooperative Agreement number, NU58DP004820, funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the Department of Health and Human Services.
If you need to cancel your registration, please notify us as soon as possible. No refunds or cancellations two weeks prior to session. Cancellations prior to two weeks prior to session date will receive a refund minus a $50 processing fee.