The MS program is offered on a full-time basis in conjunction with ASHP accredited residency programs involved in leadership training in health system pharmacy administration.
The program is also offered on a part-time basis without an affiliated residency to health system pharmacists meeting graduate school requirements with at least five years’ experience in health system pharmacy practice or completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY-1 residency.
Applications are considered on a competitive basis. The minimum criteria to receive consideration for admission to the combined MS in Health System Pharmacy Administration program with a residency full-time include:
- An earned professional degree from an ACPE accredited college of pharmacy;
- A 3.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale);
- Eligibility for licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of Ohio. (Detailed description of the requirements for licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of Ohio may be obtained by contacting the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy);
- Acceptance into an ASHP accredited residency program
The minimum criteria to receive consideration for part-time admission to the MS in Health System Pharmacy Administration program without a residency include:
- At least three years’ experience in health system pharmacy practice or have completed an ASHP-accredited PGY-1 residency and currently employed in a health system position.
- A 3.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) or a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) on graduate studies;
*Applicants are also evaluated based on performance during interviews.
In order to apply the concurrent residency and MS program, you will need to submit applications to both the residency site and the Ohio State University Graduate School. The residency applications are submitted through PhorCAS. You should select any or all of the residency sites listed to the right on your PhorCAS applications. Instructions for completing the graduate school application are listed below:
- Apply online
- Select “All Other Graduate Programs” from the available list of programs
- Once you have created an account, you will type in “Pharmaceutical Sciences” in the search bar
- Select “Pharmaceutical Sciences-MS” for Autumn 2020.
- All items can be submitted digitally through the application portal.
- Please upload a copy of your CV and Statement of Interest.
- Transcripts: Please upload digital copies of the official transcripts from ALL institutions attended. Copies must be of the official transcript and need to include copies of both the front and the back of the transcript.
- Letters of Recommendation: We will work with the residency sites to use the letters of reference you submitted through PhorCAS. Please enter the name and organization of your recommenders and then select “no” when asked if you would like to use the online reference form and select “yes” to waive access.
For detailed instructions, view the MS Health System Application PDF.
Autumn 2020 application deadline: January 6, 2020