The Master of Science specializing in Health-System Pharmacy Administration & Leadership is offered to students completing the degree with residency (full-time) or as a working professional (part-time).
Working Professional (part-time)
The minimum criteria to receive consideration for part-time admission to the MS/HSPA-L without a residency include:
- At least three years of experience in health-system pharmacy practice or have completed an ASHP-accredited PGY-1 residency and currently employed in a health system position.
- A 3.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) on undergraduate studies and a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) on graduate studies
- Submission of CV, statement of interest, transcripts and three letters of reference (with one letter coming from the direct supervisor supporting the prospective student’s enrollment in the program).
*Applicants are also evaluated based on performance during interviews.
Combined MS/HSPA-L and Residency (full-time)
The minimum criteria to receive consideration for full-time admission to the combined MS/HSPA-L and residency full-time include:
- An earned Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy;
- A 3.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale);
- Eligibility for licensure to practice pharmacy in the state of Ohio. (Detailed description of the requirements for licensure to practice pharmacy in the state of Ohio may be obtained by contacting the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy);
- Acceptance into an ASHP-accredited residency program
- Submission of CV, statement of interest, transcripts and three letters of reference
In order to apply to the concurrent residency and MS/HSPA-L program, you will need to submit applications to both the residency site and the Ohio State University Graduate School (see instructions below). The residency applications are submitted through PhORCAS. You should select any or all of the residency sites listed to the right on your PhORCAS applications. Instructions for completing the graduate school application are listed below.
Application Instructions (Ohio State Graduate School)
- Apply online
- All items can be submitted digitally through the application portal.
- Please upload a copy of your CV and Statement of Interest.
- Transcripts: Please upload digital copies of the official transcripts from ALL institutions attended. Copies must be of the official transcript and need to include copies of both the front and the back of the transcript.
- Letters of Recommendation:
For resident (full-time) applicants: We will work with the residency sites to use the letters of reference you submitted through PhorCAS. Please enter the name and organization of your recommenders and then select “no” when asked if you would like to use the online reference form and select “yes” to waive access.
For working professional (part-time) applicants: Provide contact information for three references (one reference should be a direct supervisor supporting the prospective student’s enrollment in the program).
Residency: January 1, 2021
Working Professionals: July 1, 2021
Online Program Eligibility
The Ohio State University is authorized to offer the online Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences with a Specialization in Health-System Pharmacy Administration & Leadership (MS/HSPA-L) program in all 50 states. For more information about state authorization requirements and disclosures related to online programs, please visit online.osu.edu/state-authorization.