You are here
Continuing Professional Development
Message from the Director:
Thank you for visiting the webpage for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) at The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy. We welcome you to explore our latest news, resources, and upcoming events. Please note that our website is under construction and we will be adding more information regularly, so we appreciate your patience during the process and encourage you to check back often.
Changes in the health care system as a result of the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will bring many shifts in the education, training and practice environments for current and future pharmacists. Emerging models of care bring opportunity to advance pharmacy practice. The challenging job market for pharmacists necessitates ongoing continuing professional development for graduates to be prepared to practice in those markets. Our group serves to meet those needs as well as create new practice opportunities to move the profession of pharmacy forward. We are excited about the future of pharmacy and serve you as the leading expert in fostering the innovation and entrepreneurship to transform pharmacy practice!
Bella Mehta, PharmD, FAPhA
Our goals are to:
- Develop and deliver continuing professional development with a contemporary focus that offers real world experiences with business and industry leaders and advances the pharmacy profession locally and globally
- Cultivate programs that prepare current and future pharmacists to practice at the top of their license
- Collaborate with internal and external university partners to drive practice transformation and improve patient care
- Partner with internal and external university partners to conduct and disseminate practice based research
- Enhance public education about the value and role of the pharmacist as part of a health team
- Foster development and dissemination of best practice models of pharmacist-provided care