You are here
MS-HSP Mission & Vision
The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy in partnership with Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Grant Medical Center, The Kroger Co., The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and Riverside Methodist Hospital
We envision a health-system that achieves optimal medication outcomes with a medication system designed to foster quality medication therapy which is continually monitored for areas of improvement.
To improve pharmaceutical care by developing leaders in health-system pharmacy
We will be a recognized leader in the education and development of thought leaders in health-system pharmacy using a competency-based curriculum that is continually monitored and enhanced by a well-planned assessment process.
The graduate of the MS in Health-Systems Pharmacy program will be able to:
- Conceptualize, plan, coordinate, and evaluate pharmaceutical care in organized healthcare settings.
- Employ managerial and financial skills to maintain and improve health system pharmacies.
- Design pharmacy services that meet the needs of the changing health care system.
- Convey concepts and ideas clearly and succinctly via verbal or written communication.
- Relay ideas that are well researched and objectively stated.
- Collect and interpret data useful to improving health system pharmacy services (data driven decision making).
- Establish a vision for health-system pharmacy based on current and historical philosophies of pharmacy practice.