The BSPS curriculum includes a general education (GE) curriculum, core sciences classes, required BSPS major classes, and BSPS elective courses.
Below is an outline of the curriculum for students beginning in Autumn 2015 and later. For students beginning BSPS during the 2014 - 2015 academic school year and before, please visit this link.
General Education (GE)
Composed of courses designed to give students a well-rounded education. Disciplines include:
- Arts and Humanities
- Social Science
- Global Studies
- Social Diversity in the U.S.
Core Sciences & Math
Composed of natural sciences and mathematics:
- General Chemistry
- General Biology
- Organic Chemistry
- Human Physiology
BSPS Required Classes
Includes the following required classes in pharmaceutical sciences:
- Drug Discovery, Development, and Delivery
- Biochemistry for the Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Intro to Evidence-Based Medicine
- Integrated Pharmaceutical Sciences I & II
- Ethics and Professionalism in the Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Laboratory
Each pathway has unique required coursework.Healthcare Professions Pathway
- Human Anatomy
- 10 hours of pharmacy electives
- Instrumental Analysis and Techniques
- 11 hours of pharmacy electives
- 4 hours of advanced pharmacy electives
Checklist & Sample Plan
Please visit the forms page to view the "BSPS Degree Requirements" document to see a comprehensive checklist of all BSPS requirements that must be completed in order to graduate. Also on the forms page is a sample scheduling plan.