Apply to the Graduate Program
The College of Pharmacy deadline for completed applications with financial assistance (Graduate Teaching Associateships and Graduate Research Associateships) for the Fall Term is December 15.
- How to Apply
- Application Requirements
- Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- Financial Support
How to Apply
To apply on line or to print an application please access http://gradapply.osu.edu and follow these instructions.
- On the bottom of the first page, select All Other Graduate Programs.
- Create your account then select PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Indicate the Area of Specialization at the bottom of the "Program Data" tab. We offer specializations in the following areas:
- Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy
- Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Translational Science
Domestic applicants: The Admissions Office address: The Ohio State University, Graduate Admissions, P.O. Box 182004, Columbus, OH 43218-2004.
International graduate applicants: The Ohio State University, Graduate International Admissions, P.O. Box 182083, Columbus, OH 43218-2083.
The Office of Graduate Studies and Research, OSU College of Pharmacy, 217 Lloyd M. Parks Hall, 500 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210-1291.
- Official transcripts can be scanned and attached to the application upon submission or mailed to the Office of Graduate Studies and Research (address below). Scanned transcripts should be submitted as individual files and should conceal any social security numbers for security purposes. Academic advising reports will not be accepted, scanned files should be of official transcript only. The minimum GPA requirement is 3.0 for undergraduate and graduate course work.
- A two-page Statement of Purpose uploaded directly to the graduate admissions website or mailed directly to:
The Office of Graduate Studies and Research
OSU College of Pharmacy
217 Lloyd M. Parks Hall
500 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210-1291
- Three letters of recommendation: please ask three individuals (preferably faculty) to complete the “OSU Graduate School Personal Reference Form” and complete the recommendation letter on-line or mail in directly to the Office of Graduate Studies and Research.
- Official GRE scores are required. GRE "Subject" scores are not required. The Ohio State University institution code is "1592". Entering the code will ensure that Education Testing Service will send your score report directly to our admissions office.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
English Proficiency: All international applicants are required to submit the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The Ohio State University institution code is "1592".
Entering the code will ensure that Education Testing Service will send your score report directly to our admissions office. A minimum TOEFL score of 100 (IBT) is preferred.
Current stipends for graduate research associates, graduate teaching associates and graduate fellows are $25,100 - 29,000 per year. Tuition is typically waived. To apply for financial aid, mark the appropriate boxes under "Funding Opportunities" on the graduate school application. No other form is required.
Direct your financial aid inquiries to the Student Consolidated Service Center (SCSC) at the address below:
The Ohio State University
Student Academic Services Building
1st Floor, 281 W. Lane Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210