- Co-Instructor, "Pills, Potions, and Poisons”
- Science education for diverse audiences
Katie Summers is interested in improving science education by utilizing active learning techniques in the classroom to help students develop critical thinking skills and apply what they learn to real world situations. At Ohio State, she has taught pharmacology, drug discovery and development and related courses to undergraduates in the Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences program. She is the former Assistant Director of the Generation Rx Lab at the Center of Science and Industry, where she assisted with assessing the experiential impact of teaching the general public medication safety through conducting hands-on science experiments. In addition to her teaching, she also co-directs a summer science and career exploration program for high school students interested in the pharmaceutical sciences.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, 2015-2016, Pharmacology Education and Outreach,The Ohio State University
- PhD, 2015, Pharmacology, The Ohio State University
- BS, 2011, Pharmaceutical Sciences, The Ohio State University
- Synapse. 2015 Nov;69(11):515-25