Larry Robertson’s research involves the production, analysis, isolation and structure elucidation of natural products from microorganisms and higher plants. His group is involved with studies of biocatalysis of drugs by microorganisms, especially as it relates to mammalian drug metabolism. Current projects include isolation and identification of novel antifungal agents and production of metabolites of antimalarial agents by chemical and microbial transformation.
- PhD, 1971, Purdue University, Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy
- BS, 1966, University of Houston, Pharmacy
- Hui, J; Wang, YM; Chandrasekaran, A; Geraets, DR; Caldwell, JH; Robertson, LW; Reuning, RH. Disposition of tablet and capsule formulations of digoxin in the elderly. Pharmacotherapy. 1994 Sep-Oct;14(5):607-12
- Hui, J; Geraets, DR; Chandrasekaran, A; Wang, YM; Caldwell, JH; Robertson, LW; Donnerberg, RL; Reuning, RH. Digoxin disposition in elderly humans with hypochlorhydria. Journal of clinical pharmacology. 1994 Jul;34(7):734-41
- Hartman, DA; Basil, JB; Robertson, LW; Curley, RW, Jr. Microbial biotransformation of retinoic acid by Cunninghamella echinulata and Cunninghamella blakesleeana. Pharmaceutical research. 1990 Mar;7(3):270-3
- Hartman, DA; Pontones, ME; Kloss, VF; Curley, RW, Jr; Robertson, LW. Models of retinoid metabolism: microbial biotransformation of alpha-ionone and beta-ionone. Journal of natural products. 1988 Sep-Oct;51(5):947-53
- Hartsel, SC; Loh, WH; Robertson, LW. Biotransformation of Cannabidiol to Cannabielsoin by Suspension Cultures of Cannabis sativa and Saccharum officinarum. Planta medica. 1983 May;48(1):17-9