- Medication efficacy and safety
- Pediatric drug formulations
- Population health outcomes
Milap C. Nahata is the Director of the Institute of Therapeutic Innovations and Outcomes; Professor Emeritus of Pharmacy at the College of Pharmacy; and Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine at the College of Medicine at the Ohio State University (OSU). He was Division Chair, Pharmacy Practice and Administration, College of Pharmacy and Associate Director, Medical Center Department of Pharmacy during 1998-2013 when the Division became widely recognized for its innovative pharmacy practices and residencies in ambulatory and community pharmacy, vibrant education and research programs, and strong partnerships with other health sciences, practice settings and the community. He has authored or coauthored over 600 peer reviewed journal articles and book chapters and 5 books largely about pediatric pharmacotherapy.
- 2016 Kenneth Coit Lecture Award, University of Arizona College of Pharmacy
- 2015 Visiting Professor, University of Nebraska College of Pharmacy
- 2013 Sumner Yaffe Lifetime Achievement Award in Pediatric Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group (PPAG)
- 2013 G. Van Greene Distinguished Lectureship, Mercer University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- 2013 Cassady-Hale Diversity Enhancement Award, OSU College of Pharmacy
- 2013 Medallion Recipient for Outstanding Service to the OSU College of Pharmacy
- 2009 Paul Parker Medal for Distinguished Service to the Profession of Pharmacy, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP)
- 2009 Richard Helms Award for Sustained Contributions to Advance Pediatric Pharmacy Practice, PPAG
- 2009 Stevens Distinguished Lecturer, University of Tennessee
- 2009 Loyd Harris Distinguished Lecturer, University of Oklahoma
- 2008 Elected Member, Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences
- 2007 Edward Kremers Memorial Lecturer, University of Wisconsin
- 2006 National Rho Chi Lecture Award, Rho Chi Society
- 2004 Best Practices Award, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- 2002 President, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- 2002 Gordon Bergy Lecture Award, West Virginia University
- 2001 Howard Ferguson Lecturer, University of North Carolina
- 2000 Distinguished Scholar, National Academy of Practice (NAP)
- 1999 Research Achievement Award, American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
- 1999 Research Achievement Award, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS)
- 1997 Russell Miller Award, ACCP
- 1993 Distinguished Pharmacy Educator Award, AACP
- 1992 President, ACCP
- 1990 Alumni Award for Distinguished Teaching, OSU
- 1990 Education Award, ACCP
- 1990 Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- 1989 Robert Leonard Lecture Award, University of Texas, Austin and Texas Society of Health System Pharmacists
- 1987 Award for Sustained Contributions to the Literature of Health System Pharmacy, ASHP
- Member: IOM Committees, National Academy of Sciences
- Fellow: ACCP, APhA, ASHP, AAM, NAP, PPAG
- Editor-in-Chief, Annals of Pharmacothearapy
- Outstanding Teaching Award (seven times), OSU College of Pharmacy
- Clinical Pharmacy Residency 1976-1977, Buffalo General Hospital and State University of New York
- PharmD 1977, Duquesne University
- Master of Science (Pharmaceutics) 1975, Duquesne University
- Bachelor of Science (Pharmacy) 1973, University of Bombay
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics) 1970, University of Jodhpur
Phan H, Pai V, Nahata MC. Pediatrics. In: Pharmacotherapy: Principles and Practice, 2nd edition. Chisohlm-Burns et al (editors), McGraw Hill, New York, (in press).
Benavides S, O’Mara N, Nahata MC. Viral infections. In: Applied Therapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs, 9th edition. Koda-Kimble et al (editors). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, (in press).
Stultz J, Nahata MC. Crohn’s Disease. Benavides S, Phan H, Nahata MC (editors). Pediatric Pharmacotherapy Casebook, ASHP, 157-62, 2014.
Stultz J, Nahata MC. Constipation. Benavides S, Phan H, Nahata MC (editors). Pediatric Pharmacotherapy Casebook, ASHP, 153-56, 2014.
Stultz J, Nahata MC. Acute Kidney Injury. Benavides S, Phan H, Nahata MC (editors). Pediatric Pharmacotherapy Casebook, ASHP, 167-73, 2014.
Pai V, Nahata MC. Drug Formulations. Benavides S, Nahata MC (editors). Pediatric Pharmacotherapy. American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 67-73, 2013.
Phan H, Nahata MC. Introduction to Pediatrics. Benavides S, Nahata MC (editors). Pediatric Pharmacotherapy. American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 3-17, 2013.
Nahata MC, Caballero J. Formally Applying and Getting Ready for a Pharmacy Residency Interview. Caballero J, Clauson K, Benavides S (editors). ASHP, 65-79, 2012.
Robinson R, Nahata MC. Development of Therapeutic Guidelines. Parthasarathi G, Nyfort-Hansen K, Nahata MC (editors). A Textbook of Clinical Pharmacy Practice Essential Concepts and Skills. 2nd Edition, Universities Press, 544-557, 2012.
Nahata MC. Research in Clinical Pharmacy. Parthasarathi G, Nyfort-Hansen K, Nahata MC (editors). A Textbook of Clinical Pharmacy Practice Essential Concepts and Skills. 2nd Edition, Universities Press, 436-446, 2012.
- Am J Med Qual. 2016 Aug 25;
- BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Jul 20;2016
- Ann Pharmacother. 2016 Jun;50(6):511-3
- Int J Pharm Compd. 2016 Mar-Apr;20(2):164-6
- Ann Pharmacother. 2015 Nov;49(11):1261-4
- J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2015 Nov;21(11):1077-87
- Ann Pharmacother. 2015 Nov;49(11):1261-4
- Ann Pharmacother. 2015 Sep;49(9):1075-6
- Drug Saf. 2015 Jul;38(7):661-70
- Int J Med Inform. 2015 Feb;84(2):134-40