- Science education for diverse audiences
- Pharmacology for K-12 students
- Prescription drug abuse awareness
Nicole Kwiek is interested in improving science education through novel curricular and outreach initiatives. Pharmacology topics (i.e., how both medicinal and drugs of abuse work) provide a provocative, relatable platform by which to engage students of all ages in basic science. As such, she teaches courses at the college and high school levels in the context of pharmacology, providing both an interesting and tangible connection between science and the “real-world”. Her other projects include: forming a novel partnership between local schools and the College of Pharmacy, connecting undergraduate students in the College with the community (i.e. service learning), and developing/evaluating innovative high school science curricula.
- PhD, 2005, Duke University, Pharmacology
- BS, 2000, Ohio University, Biochemistry
- AIDS Care. 2016 Jun 20;:1-7
- J Chem Educ. 2014 Feb 11;91(2):165-172
- The Prevention Researcher. 2012; 19(1):17-20
- Science. 2007 Sep 28;317(5846):1871-2.
- Science. 2007 Sep 28;317(5846):1871-2
- Cell Signal. 2007 Mar;19(3):593-9