- PhD, 1995, The Ohio State University, Higher Education and Student Affairs
- MA, 1987, The Ohio State University, Educational Research and Evaluation
- BS, 1976, The Ohio State University, Pharmacy
- 2015 Pillar of Strength Award (Cardinal Health)
- 2015 BSPS Distinguished Teaching Award (Ohio State University College of Pharmacy)
- 2013 Linwood F. Tice Friend of APhA-ASP Award (American Pharmacists Association)
- 2013 Beal Award (Ohio Pharmacists Association)
- 2012 BSPS Distinguished Teaching Award (Ohio State University College of Pharmacy)
- 2012 Career Services Award (Ohio State University Career Services Committee)
- 2011 Flame of Inspiration Award (LECOM School of Pharmacy, Bradenton)
- 2011 Ralph V. Foster Friend of APhA-ASP Award (Ohio State University APhA-ASP Chapter)
- 2009 BSPS Distinguished Teaching Award (Ohio State University College of Pharmacy)
- 2007 Distinguished Alumni Award (Ohio State University College of Pharmacy)
- 2006 President's Salute to Undergraduate Achievement (Ohio State University)
- 2004 William J. Marks Award (Academy of Pharmacy of Central Ohio)
- 2004 John M. Cassady Diversity Enhancement Award (Ohio State University College of Pharmacy)
- 2000 Distinguished Diversity Enhancement Award (Ohio State University)
- Hale, K.M. (2016). A perfect storm for prescription drug misuse. In: Newton, D.E. Prescription Drug Abuse. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, LLC: 140-144.
- Tang, Y-W, Kung, F-L, Liu K.C-S.C, Hsieh, L-L, Hale, K.M., Ho, Y-F. (2014). Determinants of Curricular Effectiveness for a Community Pharmacy Experiential Course. Journal of Medical Education. 18, 124-134.
- Wade-Mdivanian, R., Anderson-Butcher, D., Hale, K., Kwiek, N., Smock, J., Radigan, D. & Lineberger, J. (2012). Utilizing Business, University, and Community Resources to Target Adolescent Prescription Drug Abuse. The Prevention Researcher. 19(1), 17-20
- Ho, Y-F, Hsieh, L-L, Lu, W-C, Hu, F-C, Hale, K.M., Lee, S-J, Lin, F-J. (2011). Appropriateness of Ambulatory Prescriptions in Taiwan: Translating Claims Data Into Initiatives. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy. 34(1), 72-80
- Hale, K.M. (2009). Generation Rx, the Abuse of Medications, and the Pharmacy Community: A Call to Action. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 49(5), 589-590
- Hale, K.M., Humphreys, T.W., Schexnayder, R.V. (2002). Social and Professional Border Lines: The Socioprofessional Dynamic and the Experiences of African-American and White Pharmacy Students. Journal of Pharmacy Teaching.. 9(4), 35-76.