- History of Pharmaceutical Education
- Pharmacy Ethics
- History of Pharmacy
Dr. Buerki has taught the history of pharmacy, professional ethics, pharmacy communications, and introduction to pharmacy at the undergraduate level; introduction to pharmacy practice at the graduate professional level; and seminars on contemporary issues, technical writing, and the history of pharmaceutical education at the graduate level. He retired in June, 2011 after 46 years of service to the University.
- 2006 Edmund D. Pellegrino Medal for contributions to health-care ethics
- 2004 Edward Kremers Award for distinguished pharmaco-historical writing by an American, AIHP
- 2003 International Academy of the History of Pharmacy
- 2000 William L. Blockstein Award for sustained contributions to continuing pharmaceutical education, AACP Section of Continuing Professional Education
- 1987 Certificate of Commendation, AIHP
- 1972 and 1978 Distinguished Service Award, National Rho Chi Society
- MA, 1988, Wright State University, Public History
- PhD, 1972, The Ohio State University, Adult Education and Educational Development with a minor in History of Science
- MS, 1967, University of Wisconsin, Social Studies of Pharmacy
- BS, 1965, University of Wisconsin, Pharmacy
- Robert A. Buerki and Louis D. Vottero. Pharmacy Ethics: A Foundation for Professional Practice. Washington, D.C.: American Pharmacists Association. 2013, x + 108 pp., in press.
- Robert A. Buerki and Louis D. Vottero. “Professional Ethics,” Chapter 22 in Introduction to Radiologic Sciences and Patient Care, 5th ed., edited by Irene M. Adler and Richard R. Carlton. St. Louis: Saunders, an Imprint of Elsevier Science. 2011, pp. 308-16.
- Robert A. Buerki. Recent Trends in American Pharmacy: An Introduction. Pharmacy in History. 51:3 (2009), pp. 91-93.
- Robert A. Buerki, Calvin H. Knowlton, David B. Brushwood, Stephen W. Schondelmeyer, and William A. Zellmer. “Recent Trends in American Pharmacy: Question-and-Answer Session.” Pharmacy in History. 51:3 (2009), pp. 134-37.
- Robert A. Buerki. “The Conscience Clause and American Pharmacy: An Historical Overview.” Pharmacy in History. 50:3 (2008), pp. 107-18.
- Robert A. Buerki and Louis D. Vottero. Foundations of Ethical Pharmacy Practice. Madison, Wisconsin: American Institute of the History of Pharmacy. 2008, viii + 57 pp.
- Katherine A. Kelley, James D. Coyle, James W. McAuley, Lane J. Wallace, Robert A. Buerki, and Sylvan G. Frank. “Writing Program-Level, Ability-Based Outcomes: Key Elements for Success.” American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 72:5 (2008), article 98.