Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy Student Chapter (AMCP)
- To encourage the education and support the advancement of managed care pharmacy.
- To enhance the common academic and professional interests of the Chapter members.
- To offer professional opportunities and leadership within managed care pharmacy.
- To establish, develop, promote, and conduct educational programs relating to and improving the health and welfare of human beings, especially as it relates to the delivery of pharmacy services in a managed care setting.
- To carry out such other acts and to undertake such other activities as may be appropriate or desirable, in furtherance of the Student Chapter’s and/or AMCP’s purposes, so far as permitted by the rules and regulations of The Ohio State University. The Student Chapter shall not act in a manner which requires occupational or professional licensing under state law, such as, for example, the dispensing of medication.
American Pharmacists Association – Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP)
Primary Contact: Leah Sabato
Advisor: James McAuley
Description: We the members of the Academy of Students of Pharmacy hereby associate ourselves to:
- Uphold the aims and aid in furthering the objectives of the American Pharmacists Association by undertaking such activities as will promote the professional role and social interests of the students and other pharmacists.
- Provide for the members a voice in matters affecting them.
- Our organization is dedicated to excellent community service through our 11 Patient Care Projects and we aim to expand the voice of student pharmacists through our active role in advocacy for the profession.
American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP)
Student Chapter at OSU
Website: none listed
Primary Contact: Andrea Doria
Advisor: Ruth Emptage
Description: To provide a forum for pharmacy students to be able to become well-informed about pharmacists' roles in providing care to older adults and institutionalized individuals and to make available the opportunity to serve older adults in the community.
Christian Pharmacy Fellowship International (CPFI) Student Chapter
Email: none listed
Primary Contact: Jenny Ward
Advisor: Julie Legg
Description: Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International (CPFI) is a worldwide ministry of individuals working in all areas of pharmaceutical service and practice. Our Mission is to:
- Provide fellowship among like-minded professionals.
- Challenge and promote spiritual growth.
- Encourage the advancement of knowledge and ethics in the practice of pharmacy.
- Encourage evangelism and the integration of faith into practice.
- Provide support and opportunity for service in both home and foreign missions.
College of Pharmacy Student Council
Website: none listed
Primary Contact: Matt Arango
Advisor: Sylvan Frank
Description: Pharmacy Council serves as the umbrella organization for students and organizations enrolled in the College of Pharmacy. It is also a primary link between students in the College and faculty and alumni of the College. We uphold the values of student self-government, service to the community, and the integrity of the profession of Pharmacy. The organization and its general meetings are open to BSPS, PharmD, and PhD students, although one must be a PharmD student to hold an officer position.
Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity
- To conduct a fraternal organization for the mutual benefit of the member.
- To advance the profession of Pharmacy, educationally, fraternally, and socially
- To instill industry, sobriety, fellowship, and high ideals in its members; and to foster scholarship and pharmaceutical research.
National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA)
- Provide a forum for students to learn about the vast number of career opportunities that exist within the independent pharmacy practice.
- To raise student awareness about the clinical, managerial, and entrepreneurial opportunities available within independent pharmacy.
- To provide students with more opportunities for leadership roles and experiences by becoming a chapter officer or committee chair.
Email: none listed
Primary Contact: Meran Halaweh
Advisor: Joe Orozco
Description: It shall be the purpose of the Pre-Pharmacy Club to present its members with a variety of information about the field of pharmacy, to familiarize them with the college and its requirements, and to develop social ties with other students interested in pharmacy.
Rho Chi Society Upsilon Chapter
Primary Contact: Jina Park
Advisor: Milap Nahata
Description: The purpose of the Upsilon Chapter is to promote intellectual excellence, leadership, fellowship, critical inquiry and high attainment in all aspects of pharmacy. Rho Chi is open to PharmD students who are in the top 20% of their class with no history of academic misconduct or unprofessional conduct.
Student National Pharmaceutical Association (SNPhA)
- To offer student members the opportunity to develop leadership and professional skills.
- To educate students about, and promote active participation in national healthcare issues.
- To develop the role of the minority health professional as vital members of the healthcare team.
- To develop within communities, a positive image of minority health professionals.
- To educate communities on better health practices and to increase their awareness and understanding of diseases.
Student Society of Health-System Pharmacists (SSHP)
Primary Contact: Jessica Oeder
Advisor: Ryan Forrey
Description: The Student Society of Health-System Pharmacists (SSHP) strives to educate pharmacy students about career opportunities for pharmacists in health systems, to improve communication between pharmacy students and the health care community, and to assist pharmacy students in preparing to complete a post-graduate residency.